Earthquake Risk Mitigation Committee Report
February 18, 2000
Chairman: Craig dePolo
Committee: Jim Regan, Wayne Carlson, Greg Moss, Gary Norris, Greg Flanigan
- Wrote a 29 page Nevada Earthquake Risk Mitigation Plan for submittal to the Nevada Division of Emergency Management, the Nevada Earthquake Safety Council, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency. A presentation will be made at the February 18 meeting.
- The unreinforced masonry building issue was looked into and will be summarized at a presentation at the February 18 meeting.
- Three awards are proposed for the year 2000:
Nevada Department of Transportation
Keith Rogers of the Las Vegas Review Journal
Cory Farley of the Reno Gazette-Journal
- Continued work on “Living with Earthquakes in Nevada.”
- New chairman for the Earthquake Risk Mitigation Committee, Wayne Carlson.